The Best Obama Book and Book Signing




Hello Readers,

Today we went to a book signing and I was very happy! There was a lot of people, there was a girl tugging at my leg. Nikki Grimes said that she wanted us to dream on. I had a book about BARACK OBAMA signed by Nikki Grimes and illustrator Bryan Collier.

I asked, what made you want to write a book about Barack Obama? She paused for a few seconds and said, " Yes I love to write, it would be lots of publicity, and it would bring attention to my other books and writings. Once the research began, she began to like him, she began to understand his message, leaning more led to greater appreciation. Following his campaign ups and downs made my heart jump."

The book was a "crash book." In December of 2007, the publisher contacted her and requested 3 weeks for research and writing, as opposed to the usual 3 to 4 months for book research alone.

Here is the author's website: http://www.nikkigrimes.com/



Comments

  1. I found the author's comments about self-publishing versus publishing through a publishing company: Distribution is the key difference. Yet, the author also noted that she came of age before the internet. Perhaps the internet can offer the reach that traditional publishing companies are famous for???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Aliyah's Company,

    I really enjoyed the book signing with Nikki Grimes and Bryan Collier. The book came to life for me as the author's voice changed to show Mom or David talking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture for this posting was taken by Mama Birgitte on January 19, 2009 at Vertigo Books on Baltimore Avenue in College Park, Maryland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picture citation:

    Njor, B. (200, January 19). Aliyah at a Booksigning [Photo]. College Park, Maryland.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Book Reports

Facts-Dogs13